Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day Two...

Time to update my current trading journal now...

Before I continue on with my trades, just want to share the template of my trading journal. It may not be perfect, but it's a starting point and I might improve it as I go.

I include the following details:

1. Date
2. Time
3. Trade - which market, which stock and what position
4. Quantity of share purchased
5. Unit price of each share
6. Cost
7. Reasons of this trade - very important for learning purposes
8. Closing price of the trade
9. Commision fees
10. Interests to pay, if it's CFD
11. Auto stop price - certainly crucial as damage control, or to eliminate the emotional factors interfering trades
12. Daily monitoring notes

So, today the markets opened with a little loss. Yet, I decided to go ahead with my 3 trades in addition to my long positions yesterday.

1. SGX - SGX Ltd (long) - The chart was showing signs of rebound as it reaches the support line, and the momentum as shown in RSI (Relative Strength Index).

2. KLSE - MISC (long) - I have been watching the stock reaching its support line and yesterday it gap up with big volume too. I decided to 'chase' or take a ride today.

3. HKSE - HSBC (long) - Heard some good news abt this stock on the Bloomberg.com and the chart was looking good too.

At the end of the trading day, all three stocks closed abit lower. I was mad of myself at the MISC stock. It hit a high of RM9.50 which would have me earning 75 cents per share if only I set a sell off trigger.

Hence, the lesson for today is to set sell-off trigger. *sigh

Let me end by attaching some websites I get news from:

http://www.bloomberg.com/

24 hours news of the world and interviews of traders - free

http://money.cnn.com/

Comprehensive and user friendly layout with charts available

http://www.cnbc.com/

Online free webcast only available for certain periods of the day, I watch the Monday morning Asian market news

http://btstocks.asiaone.com/keyIndices.html

A quick check at the SGX, quite real time

No comments: