Sunday, July 27, 2008

5th Day...

I know it's not exactly fifth day, but the beauty of trading is to allow for public holidays and weekends so we could all take a break from the nerve-wrecking, heart-stopping stock market!

A quick recap is me closing my two trades on HKSE - HSBC and SGX - SGX.

I attended a seminar on Sat regarding choosing stocks. The 'hot' tip I got is S-shares for the coming week. I have since checked out the charts of some of them. There are two that I quite like SGX - Yanlord and SGX - FerroChina.

Yanlord is showing signs of rebound. It's slowly moving uptrend, turning the support line into resistance line. Though it closed lower on 25/7 (Fri), I am certain it can continue the trend with strong volume.

The second trand is FerroChina as it demonstrates some uptrend signals. It would be interesting to see how this stock plays out as I'm trying to test my chart reading skills.

It's quite important to be able to back test theories or principles one decided to apply to tradings. Only trading systems that can correlate with back testing result are useful, otherwise either 'abandon ship' or create new system!

No comments: